Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hearts and Hands For Sendai

Hewoo all

the Crazy quilting International Group have begun a new project called "Hearts and Hands for Sendai" in which the participants - whether crazy or sane quilters will make a block and then send them to a central point to be sewn together into Quilts which will then displayed first and then auctioned  and the money raised being donated to a charity of choice/s. This will be a way that many of us can actually contribute to the Japanese people in a constructive manner. I continue to pray that our friends Hideko and Emiko and their families and all of the Japanese people involved will be safe but each day brings more concerns for all Japanese with the reactor, the aftershocks and now also the cold weather, can anything else go wrong??

Anyway I have been attermpting to make a block for the fundraising quilts - man alive- I havent really done any crazy quilting for quite some time and its showing BIG time - so far I have made 3 blocks - I am telling you block 1 and 2 are terrible, Well to me they are not my normal type block and where they came from who knows BUT block 3 is gettting there and I am sure come block 4 I may even be happy with it- we will see - at present that one is still in my head.



I do not like the way I have used the patterned fabrics in any of them and although Block3 shows crinkles believe me its not - must be an error in the scanning process.but again I have not managed to get a complete animal onto the block in the 2 pieces of patterned materials used grrrrrrrr. Am almost thinking I may just have a plain material only block - will think on that later -But I want to be able to use the best block ---to me this is one of the most impotant pieces of embellished Crazy quilting I have ever made, or will make. So I am being the little Virgo Perfectionist that I am - well every now and then I am a Virgo perfectionist!

Stay Tuned more to come on this subject,.......

love n hugs Bear xoxoxoxo



3 comments:

Josie said...

Bear.......your work is beautiful!!!! I like the patterns in the block! Josie in Texas

n8tvtexan said...

Your work is gorgeous! Thanks for doing this for the people of Sendai. Being here in Japan, I see how it affects the people of this wonderful country every day.

Bear said...

Thank you very much- this is not just me but mmany ladies have joined forces and we are all doing at least one block which wil then be made into quilts then exibited in Japan and then auctioned off to raise money for Japaans needy flk- We have Hideko in Japan who will joine forces with Leslie of the CQI list and they will decide where and how the oney will be split up etc
again thank you and thank you for coming to my little blog!\ you also Josie - I love having comments left behind I am no different from many others where the written word gives us a real pick me up when I am feeling "blue" etc
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo