Wednesday, May 13, 2009

white white my nemesis white


Hi all
well I have been stitching as the weather cools down here in South Australia and we have had some good falls of rain my mind turned to stitching more and snuggling up in front of the fire etc.
Recently Mary O sent me some rubber stamps  I had asked for (Mary was downsizing her collection and I have need of several shall I say?? LOL) Anyway Mary also included in the box some lovely fabrics and a baggie containing a lovely print of a mother and child and the trims and flowers and beads, leaves everything in it was white (the print is very pale in colour as u can see).
I have always found WHITE to be a difficult to use- thats why I dye so many things, I know many will find this crazy but white and I mmmmmmmmmm not a good selection but I was determined to make some sort of block and use the baggie as it was sent. Marys fabrics included some beautiful purple fabrics one of which was this lovely jacquard I had already cut into the fasbaric for something else and somehow wound up with this weird size piece of fabric and rather then CQ it etc I decided to use it as is. Therfore this is the result- I am not sure whether I do or not like it time will tell I guess but with a Black border around the block it will slide into some project down the track wont it- or could I even have a White border??? Now thats carrying it toooooo far I believe a purple border mmm like that thought.

oih Aussie stitchers passing this way has anyone ventured into their local newsagency ??? Well if you do what about picking up this months Issue of Australian Country Craft and Decorating Volume 20 No8, (page 44) Inside is an different slice on a Crazy Quilt for us to enjoy.The project is called Vintage Purses and is by Karen Zoback. As the editors have begun to use Crazy Quilted (or Crazy Patchwork if you like that term better)Projects I feel maybe we should all suppport those that are doing so- Lets face it by supporting them and buying the mags with CQ projects we may get even more Projects by other artists into the magazines.
Love n hugs Bear xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

I think you can turn anything into a delicate work of art. I love what you did with Mary's goodies. You certainly have magic fingers Bear.

MaryO said...

Like everything you do, this is just beautiful, Bear! I'm so glad you're finding some use for the things I sent.

Anonymous said...

I think it is beautiful as always! Very delicate and feminine.

crazyQstitcher said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the craft mag. I'll check it out.

Susan Elliott said...

Hi Bear, I wanted to thank you for all the wonderfully heart felt comments you left on my blog last week. I think you are one big sweetheart of a woman. Your words warmed my heart and buoyed me up. Thanks for being so "real"...

And, though I can't buy an Australian mag, I do agree with your idea of buying the issues that have CQ in them. Good for you! xo Susan

Arlene White said...

Stuning stuff, I love white, but I too have found it hard to do, one day I'd like to do a white block.

Arlene